Hello, Weekend!

So, things are looking up. After a very rocky start to the week, Chris stayed home with sick-again Charlotte on Wednesday so I could go into the office and get some stuff DONE. That evening I raced through the door at home and read a story to Charlotte while Chris went to pick up the babysitter. Then we jetted off to the church for our third membership class. The day was a blur, really. Thursday morning, Chris took off to Dallas (for work), and Charlotte and I went to school/work. I was feeling optimistic. Getting back to work the day before had helped me get out of that anxious limbo stage to finally knocking some things off my to do list. Then, as I plowed through my day like a nutty worker bee, I received a call from my mom. Her news? She had just received an out-of-the-blue promotion to vice president at her bank, which came with other spiffy perks, as promotions typically do. One perk? An extra week of vacation time (I’m suspect she’s already earmarked it for Charlotte). Another perk? The option to telecommute one or two days per week. This is a huge deal for Mums, as she currently has a 90-mile round-trip commute to Everett through crap Seattle-area traffic. I’m pretty sure that commute has literally been shaving days off her life (she’s a bit high strung when she drives, but she’ll deny that), so the telecommuting option is a HUGE relief. For everyone. So. Mums’s news made my week, because you know what? She deserves it. She works so hard and has so much experience, and I’m just so dang pleased that the bigwigs recognized it. Even my dad had to raise a glass (okay, beer bottle) to toast her success. Thursday night, I gathered my girl, did the evening routine with her, and then sat back with a steaming bowl of Hamburger Helper. Chris hates the stuff (that food snob hates most meals that come out of a box), but I LOVE HAMBURGER HELPER and I only get to indulge in it when he’s gone. Judge if you must. Friday morning, Charlotte and I had a remarkably smooth morning routine (is it possible Daddy slows us down, what with his “Crap! I forgot my Wall Street Journal. Crap! My shoes are upstairs. Crap! I forgot a handkerchief. Crap! I need my lunch. Crap! What did you do with my watch?”)? I hate to say it, but getting just one extra person out the door instead of two is, um, easier. By the time Charlotte woke up this morning (Saturday), her daddy was home (but sleeping). Now, as she takes her morning nap and I look outside to a foggy morning, I’m happy happy happy. I’m so grateful this week is over, I could cry. I got through the training, Charlotte’s latest disease, and I generated freaking miracles at work, hitting some milestones with big projects and putting out fires ALL OVER the place. In 3 days! While hanging on by one, teeny, tiny thread of sanity! And precious little sleep. I am SO looking forward to an easy do-nothing day, besides MOUNTAINS of laundry and Charlotte time. Yipee!

Comments

Popular Posts