Still Here

I know it's rare for me to keep my thoughts to myself blog-wise for 2 weeks, but rest assured, we are still here. This blog is still live. Life has been BUSY lately, but here are a few bullet points:

  • The new work schedule did not work out as we had hoped. While it's slightly better, the increased cost (gas, parking) of not carpooling garnered, in our opinion, only "marginal" benefit. So, we're back to the old schedule.
  • We're both drowning at work. This reduced the question of "Who has to go to Charlotte's Valentine's Day party?" to a high-stakes game of rock-paper-scissors. I lost, despite having handled Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the holiday party. Hrmph.
  • Our computer crashed. Completely. Although everything got backed up onto an external hardrive about 2 months ago, I lost a couple months worth of major yet now completely forgotton revisions to my manuscript. I have not yet started coping with this loss. I'm still in denial, but it weighs on me. Heavily. I devoted countless Charlotte naps and lack of sleep to work that has disappeared. This happened the day after I informed my writing group I had to take a temporary hiatus until spring, and I can't help but think this is punishment for a decision I wasn't terribly thrilled with in the first place.
  • If you really miss my blogging THAT much (awwwwww), head over to Bookish and reads some book reviews.

Comments

Popular Posts