Turbo Speed

We seem to be moving at turbo speed around here, with fun twists and turns like craziness at work for both of us, ear infections (Lorelei and the dog), and stomach viruses (just Lorelei--for now).

It's a tad strange. In a way, I actually AM having fun. After the exile of full-time telecommuting through the fall and much of winter, I'm happy to be back with people a few times per week. The buzz of our busy season means a lot of work but also a lot of action, which culminates (and peaks) in Nashville next month, and . . . I'm actually kind of excited for it this year. My writing class is going well, even if it's kicking my butt intellectually and time-wise (ohhhh, how I long for more TIME!). Charlotte's ballet school is gearing up for it's spring recital, and I possibly volunteered for more than I realized.

Chris, meanwhile, continues to toil at work and is looking anxiously toward springtime gardening. We're debating installing a (iron?) fence, which will cost about a trillion dollars, pushing back my formal living room (le sigh) another year. But hey, Emma--and every future dog we get--is worth it. 

The other day, I took the dog for a walk AND DIDN'T HAVE TO WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES. I kind of feel like Emma and I should high five (high paw?) for surviving our first polar-vortex winter together, still managing our daily walks.

Some good news: Mums has finished her last radiation treatment and is officially CANCER FREE. You may applaud. I'll wait.

So, things are busy but good in these here parts. I definitely could live without the illnesses, but puke and ear infections are part of having kids.


Comments

Popular Posts