Charlotte Update--Tuesday

Charlotte had a visit to the pediatrician this morning for a follow-up appointment. Things look good. There's still a bump we need to watch pretty closely, but the doctor doesn't seem too worried about it. Apparently this particular abscess is rather bizarre. The pediatrician just sort of shook his head. "I've been thinking about this thing for the past few days," he said. "It's just so strange." Chris and I nodded. Sure, a booty boil draining blood from the ass crack. It's weird. "What was so odd was that her x-rays on Thursday night were extremely abnormal," the doctor continued. What?? Well, this was new information. "Charlotte's digestive system was completely stopped. That almost indicates an obstruction, which is why were were so certain her intestines were blocked. I could not believe it when Dr. [I totally forgot his name] called and told me the test was negative." Huh. The pediatrician thinks that perhaps the abscess was so deep that it affected Charlotte's innards, but we'll probably never know. I did feel a momentary pang of guilt for the attitude I had given that one doctor Thursday night who wanted us to not feed Charlotte for a day. I hadn't realized that her whole intestinal process had stalled when I insisted we still feed her. But then, that's what they get for not communicating very well with us! Besides, I think we had her sleep instead of eat the rest of that night, and her digestive system had started moving again by the next morning. So none of it really mattered, I guess. In the meantime, I have Charlotte at home and we're on a busy regimen with an antibiotics schedule and four sitz baths per day. She is SO clingy, which makes it difficult to even catch up on washing her bottles, but hey! I got a blog post written AND posted today! But before she wakes up, I really must get a round of bottles cleaned, so away I go!

Comments

Popular Posts