Isn't It Romantic?

Our Valentine's Day consisted of dressing Charlotte in pink (like that was hard), going to work, eating a frozen pizza, and watching the IBM robot thing compete on Jeopardy. Oh yes, and a card exchange. Card exchanges are a very big deal for us, because often Chris will forget to purchase a card for a birthday, anniversary, or V-Day, and thus improvise with a "verbal card." This is where he oh so eloquently describes his feelings for me, like "I really admire your capacity for abstract thinking." (Don't steal that, Hallmark. It's copyrighted!) So yesterday, Chris opened his work bag and BAM! slapped a card down on the counter with proud gusto. An actual physical card! With my name on it! And the spittle he used to seal it wasn't still wet! Why, the man had put THOUGHT into this! I was quite impressed. So we opened cards, and Chris had written a very sweet little message. Sure, I could tell you what it said, but even bloggers keep some things private. But Chris wasn't done yet. "See, I was having a hard time articulating what I wanted to say," he said. "Really?" I replied. "I thought what you wrote was perfect. I wouldn't have changed a word. And I'm an editor." "No, I mean, I meant what I wrote, it's just . . . ." "Yes, dear husband?" "Well. The thing is, we've been married for 3 1/2 years and together for almost 8 years." "True, true." "And I guess what I'm trying to say is . . . I'm still not sick of you." "Awww, that's sweet. And I'm still not sick of you." [Kiss] Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

Popular Posts