Entering Day 9 of Life

Charlotte's sassy little half smirk.
Cuddling with Nana.
Looking out at more than 2 feet of snow, I can’t help but be amazed by the timing Baby Charlotte had by coming a week early. Yesterday was her due date, but a record-setting blizzard rolled through the DC area. Driving to the hospital, should we have had to do so, would have been utterly impossible. Also, Mums’s flight was originally due to arrive yesterday, but obviously it was cancelled. We are so, so fortunate at how the timing of Charlotte’s arrival worked out. Last night, Charlotte was Super Baby. She didn’t cry once! She woke up every 2 ½ hours like clockwork, fussing a little bit but giving us a 5-minute grace period to wake up before bothering to cry. I (or Chris) would change her diaper, I’d nurse her, and back to sleep she’d go in her little bassinet by our bed. Granted, I have no other babies to compare her to, but I can’t help but think she’s a pretty good baby for her relatively small size. I’m told she’ll most likely sleep for longer stretches as she gains more weight. Keeping up with Charlotte’s feedings remains my number-one challenge, but so far we haven’t yet needed to supplement her feedings with formula. Both of us are getting the hang of nursing, but the pressure of keeping this kid fed can be a wee bit daunting!

Comments

  1. Ashley, Charlotte is so cute. Wish I could have seen your mom's first glimpse of her. So very happy for you and your hubby.She is a very lucky to have so many love her so much already. I can;t wait to talk to your mom. She is just beside herself. Just like her aunt Cheryl and uncle Brent. Can't wait to see more pictures. Lots of love, Paulette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts