Move It

We moved! It has been an utterly hectic week, but all the work, worry, hustle and bustle, and hassle has now paid off. It's been a long road since we started this whole process about a year ago--putting the condo on the market, prepping and staging it, dealing with the billion showings, SELLING it, moving to Bethesda, living in the crap hole, and finally moving OUT of the crap hole. Last summer, after we met with the developer of our new neighborhood, Chris and I went to the main restaurant here in town to discuss the possibility of moving to Poolesville and building a house. Chris was way, way more interested than me. Only a couple months pregnant, I saw my hopes of bringing my baby home to a HOME dwindle. I told Chris that I just couldn't see myself spending my whole maternity leave in the dead of winter cooped up inside some crappy apartment with a newborn. Well, that's exactly what I did. Now that I'm sitting here in my brand new house, I can say that it was worth it. It also helped that the construction company/developer we used delivered our home 3 weeks early. They did such an amazing job staying on a very ambitious schedule, even with two blizzards to contend with. The whole process was so smooth and everyone we worked with was so great and professional that there really wasn't much room for regrets. Besides, getting to pick out detail after detail and customize everything was pretty much the most fun I've had all year. (We've since learned that the developer will be using photos of our kitchen for their marketing. Fortunately, the photographer came by before we made a total mess with unpacking.) I've been painting like a madwoman for the past couple days, but it will take months to get this place fully decorated. The first room I'm trying to complete is Charlotte's nursery. I hope to finish painting it today and then start the fun stuff. My father-in-law put together her crib (but we still need to buy a crib mattress), and everything else is ready to go. I've waited a long, long time to put together a nursery. There simply isn't any other room that is more important for me to finish.

Comments

Popular Posts