Germs, Be Gone!

Well, I believe Charlotte was sick, not teething last weekend. As soon as she started to improve, her daddy got very sick. I'm certain that his version of her virus was far more severe (which is what happened when all three of us got the stomach flu this past winter--Charlotte had one bad poo and a fussy day, then Chris and I writhed and puked in misery, crying for our mommies), but there was some overlap of Charlotte being not quite back to healthy and Chris being sick. I was running on fumes as it was, but Chris was in NO condition to be out of bed. We got through it, though.

So again, all is well. The past two nights, Charlotte slept like a champ. And with two solid nights of sleep under my belt and an exceedingly happy girl on my hands, I'm a happy camper. Chris, on the other hand, has had a rough week, and yesterday he had to give an important presentation at work while on the brink of passing out. I felt so bad for him! We drove separately so I could handle the Charlotte drop-off/pick-up and Chris could leave right after his presentation. He's still pretty sick and had a fever this morning, but OF COURSE he went to work anyway. Men. Sheesh.

Chris leaves for the West Coast next week for work/see family, which should be good for him. It's extremely expensive to fly from DC to Reno/Tahoe, where his folks live--around $700 right now. Fortunately, he has a business trip to San Diego, so his work is paying for the pricey flight to Reno, and Chris is coughing up the $250 for the San Diego flight. They're also covering about half the aiport parking, so financially it worked out well. (He also blows less vacation time just FLYING to and fro.) It's a bummer that Charlotte and I can't join him in Nevada, but c'est la vie.

I will be single-parenting it for 8 days, which should be perfectly fine, so long as Mommy doesn't get sick! I feel totally healthy, especially having finally gotten a couple decent nights' sleep, so I think everything will be fine. We'll miss Chris, but we'll survive. Besides, the Nordstrom Anniverary Sale starts next weekend. I think I know what Charlotte and I will be doing.

Finally, my writing class starts on Monday, which has me simultaneously excited and nervous. Half my apprehension is concerned with starting each week out with a 16-hour day. The other half is that uneasy feeling of vulnerability you get when having to expose your work to criticism. But is it neccessary? Yep.

In the meantime, we expect to have a quiet, low-key weekend--probably with lots of water time for our little girl-fish. Charlotte is SO perky and happy and goofy and FUNNY, now that she's totally healthy again. I'm bummed that we didn't get THIS version of her during the long 4th of July weekend, but we certainly love that our silly, healthy girl is BACK!

Comments

Popular Posts