Launching: The House Saga

Chris and me in front of the lot where our lovely house-to-be will, well, be.
Lot #2 . . . SOLD to the Hofmanns!

Yesterday we drove out to Poolesville to finalize the contract for building the house. I’ve signed my name so many times that I’m sick of myself.

The builder is predicting a best-case-scenario move-in at the end of March. Seeing as how the majority of construction will take place during winter, I’m less optimistic. The sales guy’s comment? “You’ll be so focused on motherhood that you won’t even notice if settlement is pushed back a couple months."

I highly doubt it.

Still, we’re excited to be moving forward. Building permits get sent in on Monday, September 21. In the meantime, we’ve secured the apartment we wanted in Bethesda, MD, and plan to move on 9/22. Chris just left for a business trip in Atlanta, so this week I’m packing solo. I spent the afternoon listening to the Seahawks game online and lovingly washing, drying, and packing up all the crystal. That's right--one afternoon devoted to packing just the crystal.

This might take longer than I had anticipated.

Comments

Popular Posts