Welcome to The Hofmann Life

(Baby Hofmann, having cooked for 12 weeks.) I’ll start this entire blog by answering some questions: 1. Yes, I am so obsessed with my tiny nuclear family that I want the whole world to know every single thing about us. 2. Yes, I will keep my old blog (opped.blogspot.com), which has always been a place for my opinions rather than hum-drum updates. 3. Sure, we might be jumping the gun a teeny tiny bit, seeing as how Baby Hofmann won’t make his or her grand entrance until early February (or so), but we have a LOT going on up until then. This way, folks who want to can get up to date oh-so quickly. 4. I don’t know how often I’ll post. “OppEd” has suffered a very sad dearth of posts, mainly because I feel so obligated to perfectly articulate and flesh out my opinions that the whole effort wears me out before I ever start. “This Hofmann Life” is intended to be a more casual blog. Now that blog housekeeping is finished, here are the major Hofmann highlights going on right now that are making our lives, well, NOT boring: We’re expecting our first baby on February 6, 2010. No, we do not know the sex; yes, we will find it out. On September 21, provided the little darling positions him-/herself correctly instead of mooning us, we will learn if we’re having a little girl or a little boy. Our beloved Downtown, DC condo is currently being sold. We’re under contract and expecting to close on October 28. We have put an offer in to build a house in Poolesville, Maryland. We’re still negotiating contingency terms and timing, so it may or may not work out. If it does, we’ll move to an apartment (sigh) in Bethesda, Maryland, until the house is finished next spring. Chris was recently promoted to a manager position at GEICO. Although he previously managed a team of analysts, he’s now managing several teams of analysts and thus is transitioning into the full-on manager role. He enjoys his job and loves GEICO, and I am very, very proud of him and what he has accomplished. I work as an editor. The pace and workload often make me cranky, but I have a great boss and very spiffy co-workers. At any rate, welcome to This Hofmann Life. Enjoy the ride--we sure are!

Comments

Popular Posts