Tyler's Wedding

Tyler watching Christine come down the aisle.
Exchanging rings--apparently Tyler's finger swelled in the heat.
The Opps, all cleaned up.
To continue in the spirit of retroactive posting, my brother Tyler and his adorable now-wife Christine got married on July 25 in Snohomish, Washington. Emotionally, I was in total control until I saw my little brother standing up at the front, waiting for his bride to walk down the aisle. Then the significance of the whole event hit me.
The rehearsal dinner = oodles of fun. We held it at a restaurant in Kirkland overlooking Lake Washington. The best part of the evening came when it was revealed that my darling brother had had Christine’s name tattooed on his ass when in Vegas for his bachelor party. No, her name is not a short name. Yes, we asked to see it. Yes, the tattoo was indeed huge. Yes, all the grandmothers had left by this point. Yes, I pulled over Tyler’s future father-in-law to make sure he knew what his daughter was marrying. And I think Mr. Hunter was actually rather pleased with Tyler’s level of commitment.
The actual wedding was the following Saturday. Everything went perfectly. Christine was a stunning bride, the weather cooperated, and the ceremony was very, very sweet. My favorite part was their recessional to “O.P.P.” (an idea I had considered for my own wedding, but I knew I’d never get the lyrics to fly in a church, plus there was the very problematic point that by the point of the recessional, I was no longer an Opp).
They’re now off to the Dominican Republic for a slightly overdue honeymoon—Christine had just started a new job and Tyler had to finish round two of school before starting his new job. I’m surprised they found the time to get married.

Comments

Popular Posts