Not So Jelly Belly

Some of you have requested baby belly photos, so here they are—one at 12 weeks and the other at 17.5 weeks. I’ve gotten a lot of comments along the lines of “But you don’t even look pregnant!” Although I realize these comments are meant in the nicest, most innocent way possible, I can’t help but wonder . . . if I don’t look pregnant, does my belly just look FAT? I mean, I don’t have a prayer of zipping up my pants and I have a newfound love and appreciation for the miracle of elastic. Obviously there is an extra mass there. My shirts are now too short, leaving a charming gap of pure stomach between the bottom of the shirt and the top of my pants. The other night, Chris found me wearing a tank top and pajama bottoms with my bare stomach jutting straight out like a beer belly, and he immediately cracked up. When I asked him what was so funny, he responded, “You just look so . . . TRASHY. You know, in a nice sort of way.” He was then whacked with a pillow sham.

Comments

Popular Posts