Pink or Blue? Part 1

As many of you know, we (hopefully) get to find out the sex of Baby H. tomorrow. Obviously, the main purpose of the ultrasound is to ensure that all organs are properly developed. I’d rather leave the appointment with the knowledge that Baby H. is as healthy as a fetus can be than knowing the sex--but I won’t lie. I really, really want to know if we’re having a girl or a boy, if for no other reason than to do away with this clumsy he/she business. In talking to friends and family plus launching an unofficial poll, the vast majority of folks think Baby H. is a girl. But not everyone! Mums, Judy, Kathy, Jewels, and a few others believe a boy is on the way. As for me, early on I was absolutely convinced this kid was going to be a boy. Then I had two consecutive dreams in which the little bugger was a girl, so then I thought maybe we were having a girl. Then I had another dream in which I saw a baby, but I couldn’t determine the sex. In the most recent baby dream, the baby was a boy. In other words, I don’t have a clue what it is. Neither does Chris. Fortunately, I can say with complete honesty that I don’t prefer a boy or a girl. I think that either one would be tons of fun (and tons of work), regardless of whether it has pigtails or a crew cut. If we have a girl, then we’ll have our little girl. If we have a boy, then we’ll have our little boy. How can we lose?

Comments

Popular Posts